This is where your money is being spent. This is where you make a real difference.
The need for research funding is clear: liver cancer and pancreatic cancer claim thousands of lives in the UK (and globally) each year; pancreatitis is a poorly understood condition that affects all age groups and remains a killer of young and old alike and cancers of the biliary tree have some of the lowest survival rates of any type of cancer.
At LAP Research, we strongly believe that our donors should feel confident that as much as possible of the money they give goes directly into research.
To that end, LAP Research keeps its overheads to an absolute minimum:
- It does not have a dedicated head office.
- It does not have any employees.
- None of the Trustees or Directors is paid for their services.
- To streamline our processes, we use leading edge, free, not-for-profit cloud-based technology.
- To minimise the costs of our events, we seek out personal and corporate sponsorship.
Whenever costs are incurred, we approach supporters that are happy to fund those specific outgoings. This maximises our efficiency and keeps our unspecified donations channelled into research projects. When we need to buy a professional resource or service, we use only those suppliers who demonstrably minimise their costs, thereby keeping as much money as possibly for funding research.
In line with our strategy, we’ve spent more to lay the groundwork for a renewed funding drive, but our vigilance on costs remains at the core of everything we do.